Gonçalo Garcia joined Cushman & Wakefield in 2017. Based in Lisbon, Gonçalo is responsible for the re-launch of the hospitality division, providing dedicated sector expertise for investment, valuations, development advisory, and operator selection.
With more than 12 years of experience in the hospitality sector, Gonçalo has worked in both operations and consultancy and strategical advisory. With 4 years of hotel operations, he assumed different managerial positions, which gave him a broad vision of the hotel operational needs. He has also worked as a consultant for more than 8 years, having developed several markets and feasibility studies, strategic advisory and project concept definition for several major accounts, such as F&C Investments, MPC Capital, IMOCOM Group, among others.
As a consultant, Gonçalo was also responsible for developing, implementing and managing several hotel operator selection processes, having negotiated with IHG, Hilton, Corinthia Hotels and Banyan Tree.
Awards & Associations
Gonçalo Garcia has a degree in Hotel Management from the Estoril Institute for Tourism and Hotel Studies (ESHTE) and a post-graduation degree in Real Estate Management and Finance from INDEG- ISCTE in Lisbon.
Some of Gonçalo’s recent successes:
- Sales & Marketing manager of a 5-star hotel in Luanda, Angola, with 200 keys, 20 villas, 5 F&B outlets and 12 meeting rooms;
- Product Enhancement and value add for Campo Real Resort Hotel (ex- Westin Campo Real), on behalf of Explorer Investment;
- Operator Selection and final negotiation stage for:Intercontinental – Palácio das Cardosas;
- Hilton As Cascatas – Vilamoura;
- Crowne Plaza – Albufeira;
- Corinthia Hotels & Resorts – Center Alentejo;
- Market & Feasibility studies for a Roll Out business plan for 12 hotels in Portugal & Spain (Holiday Inn Express);
- Valuation of operating hotels and hotel projects in Algarve, Madeira and Lisbon;