C&W Retail Lease Advisory adds value for landlord and occupier clients in rent reviews, lease renewals or regears, by identifying and negotiating optimum terms.
Our lease advisory services ensure clients avoid agreeing lease terms that adversely affect value.
- We advise landlords and occupiers across all retail property types.
- If you are an investor you may need to need to improve your shopping centre tenant mix.
- An investor may also need advice on how best to structure a rental deal in a shopping centre to maximise the investment value.
- We offer advice on turning leasing strategy into rent review success by maximising the effect of the evidence created.
- If you are an occupier you may be seeking to minimise your leasehold liabilities.
- We help occupiers align lease terms on individual properties with business objectives.
How We Can Help
We identify those lease terms that impact on value and structure our advice and our negotiations to ensure their maximum impact, both positive and negative, on the rent agreed.
Third party (arbitration and independent expert determination)
We represent both landlords and tenants, providing expert witness (written and/or oral) evidence to tribunals (arbitration and independent experts) in rental disputes.
Lease renewals (including court and PACT procedures in England & Wales)
We act for both landlords and tenants at lease renewal, including in the judicial process in England & Wales, giving expert advice (written and/or oral) on all main lease terms to align them with the client’s business objectives.
Lease restructuring / regearing
When the opportunity arises mid-term we advise on restructuring leases with the aim of enhancing the value of both parties’ interests in a changing business environment, through a combination of extending leases, changing rents, negotiating rent free periods or contributions towards refitting.
Adding Value – The Advantages Of Our Approach
The Retail Lease Advisory team is an experienced, dynamic, innovative and proactive commercial team, advising:
For landlords we negotiate terms that maximise your capital value, and are market leaders in providing strategic advice to shopping centre owners to enhance rental value and tenant mix. We provide expert advice to investors, identifying opportunities for rental growth.
For occupiers we minimise your leasehold liabilities and agree terms that achieve your business objectives.
Experience and Resources
The team are renowned experts in high street shops, supermarkets and department stores, as well offering arbitration/independent expert services, regularly receiving appointments on high-profile rental disputes.
Our team of 15 works across the UK to advise clients. With specialists across Central London, food stores, out of town retail, shopping centres and UK regions we have it covered.